Group Administrator Information
The Group Administrator (Group Admin) is a volunteer Point of Contact for a group whose essential role is manage the group’s activity on the front-end of the new ISDS website. The ISDS Community of Practice relies on the vitality of its groups for generating discussions, disseminating information, and promoting information to advance its mission of enabling communications between surveillance practitioners and researchers. The Group Admin is thus charged with ensuring the integrity of ISDS’ values and activities. Responsibilities include and are not restricted to:
- Overseeing or directly updating the group’s content on the website, including its homepage and description, libraries and custom pages;
- Managing group membership, including approving pending members or inviting contacts;
- Fostering activity on the group page by starting and engaging in forum discussions or blog postings;
- Frequently updating the group’s calendar as needed;
- Reviewing the resources and tools produced by the group for inclusion in the Surveillance Knowledge Repository every 6 months; and,
- Reporting to ISDS staff occasionally about suggestions for site improvements, feature enhancements, and member engagement; also reporting qualitative information about member activity on the group page.
The role of the Group Admin may expand beyond the functions listed above as the ISDS website continues its development and ISDS membership grows.
Training for Group Admins
Business Process Document: Group Administrators - last updated April 13, 2017
Below are training and meeting recordings for ISDS Group Administrators.