FAQ | Print Page | Sign In | Register
Referral Information?
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

3/1/2019 at 2:54:43 PM GMT
Referral Information?

Good Morning All,

Are any jurisdictions getting referral information within their syndromic feeds for visits taking place at ED/UC? If not a standardized field, are you seeing any information that would suggest if a referral has taken place in a different field? Perhaps triage notes?

Thanks!
Sam

3/5/2019 at 6:37:12 AM GMT
We don't get this info in a standardized field or systematically, but I have seen notes such as "Clinic to ED" in text fields (e.g., Chief complaint). I am assuming these are indicating referrals.

3/8/2019 at 8:14:00 PM GMT
Hi Sam, In Alabama, we are seeing " doctor referral " in the chief complaint from the ED data, with sometimes a little more detail showing up in the chief complaint combo field such as the name of the clinic or physician they were referred from. However, nothing is standardized.

Thanks,
MAV

3/14/2019 at 8:20:47 PM GMT
I definitely see referral to the ED (PCP said to go to ED, usually) sometimes in the free text fields, but I don't think I've ever seen a referral out of the ED. Not sure where that info would appear since it's an outcomes thing.

3/14/2019 at 8:28:36 PM GMT
i would think sending someone *out* of the ED would be reflected in disposition...

3/19/2019 at 3:54:45 PM GMT
Thanks All!

We see the referral *to* ED in chief complaints and triage notes, but we were curious about getting referrals from the ED to an outpatient/rehab clinic etc. Disposition is a good thought. I'll have to look and see if we're systematically getting any values that would align with that sort of referral.

Last edited Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Contact Us

INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR
DISEASE SURVEILLANCE

288 Grove St, Box 203
Braintree, MA 02184
(617) 779 - 0880
Email: syndromic@syndromic.org

Subscribe to ISDS News