FAQ | Print Page | Sign In | Register
Chronic Disease & Injury Surveillance Discussion
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Getting Started on the Community Forums 0 E. Lamb Welcome to the Community Forums! First, we would like to thank you for playing a critical role in the growth and vitality of our online community. We hope that you enjoy what the Community Forums have to offer and that you are an active member of what continues to be a vibrant, informative, and supportive aspect of our community. Communication and interaction are fundamental to the success of any community and the aim of the Community Forums is to bring members closer together to share comments, questions, and ideas for improving public health surveillance across a wide range of domains.   Getting Started:  You must be signed into an account on www.healthsurveillance.org to post to a forum. If you do not have an account, please click here to register (Note: ISDS membership is not required). 1.     How to create a new topic/thread in an existing forum – to post a new topic/thread to a forum, click on the forum name and click on "New Topic" in the middle of the grey menu bar. Click here for a short video demonstration. 2.     How to reply to a topic/thread on an existing forum– click on the topic name within a forum and click on “Reply” in the middle of the grey menu bar. 3.     How to subscribe to forum/thread updates to be notified when someone posts to a forum or thread – Click here for a short video demonstration a.     To subscribe to Forum updates, click on the forum name and then click “Forum Actions” in the grey menu bar. Select “Subscribe to Instant Updates” from the dropdown menu.  b.    To subscribe to Topic/Thread Updates, click on the title of thread/topic and click on “Thread Actions” in the grey menu bar. Select “Subscribe to Instant Updates” from the dropdown menu. For additional help, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page on Forums and Blogs.   Community Guidelines: • Be courteous. Please display a positive, friendly attitude and be respectful of other's opinions. The Community Forums are a professional community; comments that are disrespectful to others or otherwise violate what we believe are appropriate standards for professional and civil discussion may be deleted. • Give back. Each time you find help or answers on the forums, please try to help someone else out in return by responding to another’s post. Each and every member of our community has something to contribute. • Be patient.This is a peer support community where our members often have multiple responsibilities, so it may take a little time for people to notice and respond to your request.
by E. Lamb
Thursday, October 18, 2018
Electric Scooter Query 3 B. Yarnell Hi everyone, It looks like the CDC is looking at dockless scooter accidents in Austin Texas. It would be interested to hear how they used syndromic surveillance to look at the injuries. Article: https://www.texasmonthly.com/article/cdc-study-electric-scooters-austin/PowerPoint by Austin, TX: http://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=311739
by B. Yarnell
Friday, December 14, 2018
Forum Friday 10/19/18 - Collaborations with Injury Surveillance? 4 E. Lamb I think identifying champions within your organization is a great place to start too. One resource I have learned from Amanda's presentation was the CDC Rape Prevention and Education map: https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/rpe/states.html.  You can find her reference mentioned in the slide deck from the October NSSP CoP call.  It also helped knowing I could follow up with a speaker after the call to learn more about the resources shared in presentation where I was reminded of how to find this map.  I think this would have been a good place for us to start if we knew about this resource a few weeks ago.  Thanks Amanda for sharing! 
by K. Collier
Thursday, October 25, 2018
Forum Friday 10/19/18 - Sexual Violence Resources 0 E. Lamb Are there any key resources (i.e. background trends, etc.) that can be shared, about sexual violence surveillance, that can help with the justification of using syndromic surveillance resources to help with prevention efforts?
by E. Lamb
Thursday, October 18, 2018
Forum Friday 9/21/18 - Suicide Surveillance 7 E. Lamb I love the idea of sharing information about school age children with school nurses! I bet there are other topics they'd be interested in as well. Thanks for sharing! As to Deborah's question, I have been collaborating with people in our agency that work on injury and violence prevention, emergency preparedness, as well as behavioral health. Until recently, most MH work was done outside our agency. I'm still learning who does behavioral health in our agency. I'm hoping to strengthen relationships with these partners, especially now that we are in the same agency.
by N. Close
Monday, September 24, 2018
Mental Health Case Definitions / Queries 4 A. Ising Amy, I just noticed the date on this post.  Was confused because it was in a summary email yesterday from the website.  Still I thought I'd post that we have several and are working with the syndrome definition committee to vet them. I'll send you an email of what we have so far and copy Achintya who worked on them and can describe the details to you.  Otherwise, these will become more available through the syndrome def committee when they've been put through the vetting process. Sincerely, Michael Coletta
by M. Coletta
Thursday, September 20, 2018
Coagulopathy Cluster Syndrome Definitions 8 M. Patel I'm curious if anyone has explored using procedure codes for this. I'm was wondering if INR testing might be something that shows up. We have a set of facilities that send this information, but since it's not currently queryable within ESSENCE, I haven't used it yet.
by N. Close
Thursday, April 26, 2018
Contact Us

INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR
DISEASE SURVEILLANCE

288 Grove St, Box 203
Braintree, MA 02184
(617) 779 - 0880
Email: syndromic@syndromic.org

Subscribe to ISDS News