FAQ | Print Page | Sign In | Register
News & Press: Group Activity Updates

September - October 2018 Group Activity Update

Monday, October 15, 2018   (0 Comments)
Posted by: Cat Tong
Share |

Please see below for the September - October 2018 updates on all ISDS group (excluding chapter) activities:

*NOTE: meeting minutes and recordings can usually be found on each group’s page under the "Pages" dropdown menu at the top left-hand corner

Don't see a group you're interested in below? Let us know! Email Catherine Tong with your request for that group's update.

 

Analytic Solutions Committee (ASC)

  • Leadership to discuss reorganization of the committee along with the Research Committee on November 19

 

Data Quality Committee (DQC)

  • Held meeting on October 12
    • Provided Urgent Care Sub-Committee update
      • See below
    • Had follow up from Roseanne and NSSP Team on vendor name issues
      • Issues identified on last workgroup call
        • Unknown values in "Feed_Name"
        • Incorrect values for "Vendor_Name" and "Vendor_Software"
      • Issues to be completed by end of October 2018
    • Provided Message Guide Workgroup update
      • Continuing to look for comments to review submitted comments during May ballot process
      • See below for more updates from group
    • Discussed Epic multiple admit date/time issue and solution
      • Elyse shared recommended hierarchy (chronological)
    • Discussed Meditech placeholder chief complaint issue
    • Reviewed questions from Utah
      • Procedure (PR) segments
        • Don't use in Utah
        • Reaching out to other states: AZ, IL, WA
      • NextGen lag time
        • No messages sent until visit is locked, resulting in a lag of ~two weeks for Utah
        • Similar situation in Washington state, but it's 4 days instead of two weeks
        • Interest in inviting NextGen to a future DQC call
    • Open mic
      • Issue with HCA not sending DG1 segments recently in Virginia
        • Due to Meditech upgrade
        • Similar experience in Tennessee and New Hampshire

 

Knowledge Repository Curation Team (KR Curation) 

  • The Knowledge Repository is a curated library of more than 2,000 surveillance-related resources where every resource, except for abstracts, journal articles, and syndromes, is reviewed every 24 months to ensure that the content continues to be accurate and relevant to the surveillance community.
  • The KR Curation Team met in September to continue to upload historical surveillance resources as well as reviewing current and new resources for continued inclusion in the repository.
  • The KR Curation Team monthly meeting will is held on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 3pm Eastern. If you are interested in participating in the work of the KR Curation Team, we would love to have you! Please join the group on healthsurveillane.org or email Emilie Lamb at elamb@syndromic.org.

 

Metadata Visualization Application Workgroup (MVA)

  • No new activity

 

Message Guide Workgroup (MG)

  • The Message Guide Workgroup continues to work through the 221 comments submitted via the 2018 HL7 May Ballot and has provided recommended dispositions to the HL7 Public Health Workgroup on more than 55% of the comments.
  • The Message Guide Workgroup meets weekly on Tuesdays at 2pm Eastern. If you are interested in participating in the Message Guide Workgroup, please join the group on healthsurveillance.org or email Dave Trepanier at dtrepanier@syndromic.org to be added to the listserv and calendar series.

 

NSSP CoP Steering Committee (SC)  

 

One Health Surveillance Community of Practice (OHS)

 

Overdose Surveillance Committee (ODSC)

R Group for Biosurveillance (R)

  • R Hangout for Beginners held September 13
  • R meeting to be held September 25
    • Presenter: Edgar Ruiz from RStudio
    • Title: New Features in R Markdown & HTML Widgets webinar - Intermediate & Advanced 
    • Recording available here

 

Research Committee (RC)

 

Syndrome Definition Committee (Syn Def)

 

Urgent Care Sub-Committee (UC)

  • Held meeting on October 9
    • Reviewed documents created last year and housed on the UC group site
    • Reviewed past forum activity
    • Went over SCOPUS literature review results since July 2018
    • Discussed possible UC projects
      • ESSENCE analysis of UC versus ED facilities (break down as a % of each, and what the top conditions are)
    • Discussed needing to  stay abreast on the CMS new rule for related guidance regarding urgent care payments
    • Agreed to continue meeting quarterly with other regular UC updates presented during the monthly DQC calls

 


Contact Us

INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR
DISEASE SURVEILLANCE

288 Grove St, Box 203
Braintree, MA 02184
(617) 779 - 0880
Email: syndromic@syndromic.org

 

Subscribe to ISDS News