Annual Award Opportunities
2018 - 2019 Cycle
Each year, ISDS offers a number of opportunities for award recipients to receive free or discounted registration and hotel coverage to our Annual Conference. The annual awards recognize the outstanding work being done by surveillance students and professionals to advance the field of public health surveillance. The awards are presented during the ISDS Annual Conference, and, along with their prizes, awardees are given the opportunity to share their work at the conference. To learn about the various awards ISDS supports, click on the various links below:
To recognize disease surveillance scientists and professionals for their contributions to their fields of research. Read more...
- Article Nomination Period: July 10 - July 20, 2018, 11:59 pm EST
- Finalist Voting Period: September 14 - October 12, 2018, 11:59 pm EST
- Award Announcement: October 15, 2018
To recognize the exemplary work being done by students or recent students in the field of biosurveillance. Read more...
- Abstract Submission Deadline: October 1, 2018, 11:59 pm EST
- Online Application Submission Deadline: October 29, 2018, 11:59 pm EST
- Award Notification: postponed to end of November 2018
Established to honor Rick Heffernan, an early leader in the field of biosurveillance, and founding member and constant supporter of ISDS, who passed away in February 2013. Awarded to a member who exemplifies "sustained and outstanding contributions to the knowledge and practice of biosurveillance." Read more...
- Nomination Period Opens: October 15, 2018
- Nomination Period Closes: November 13, 2018, 11:59 pm ET
- Award Announcement: November 26, 2018
Created by staff to recognize outstanding ISDS volunteers of the year.
- More information coming soon!
Visit the pages above to learn more information about each award. If you have any questions about the Annual Awards, please contact Catherine Tong.