ISDS Board Election Process
The ISDS Board of Directors are elected by ISDS members for 3-year terms. The election process comprises:
- A nomination period: Members nominate candidates for vacant positions, who then get reviewed by a Nomination Committee who reviews and selects a final slate of candidates based on eligibility, qualifications, and a desire for a Board that represents the full breadth of membership. The full Board of Directors discusses and approves the final slate.
- A voting period: Members cast their votes and candidates with highest number of votes is invited to serve on the Board.
2018 Board Elections
Please note that the 2018 Elections have closed. For information about the results of the 2018 Elections, read our press release here.
In 2018, the membership will be voting to replace three Board Members whose terms are expiring. The ISDS Board of Directors Nomination Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2019-2021 term.
To serve on the ISDS Board, nominees must meet the following requirements:
- Be current ISDS members.
- Have no unacceptable conflicts of interest.
- Be aware of the ISDS mission and vision.
- Be able to commit to serving a three-year term.
Desired skills and qualifications include:
- Broad knowledge of current issues in public health surveillance.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in surveillance research, practice, or policy.
- Personnel management, fiscal, and/or legal expertise.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with nonprofit Board governance.
Board responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to commit ~ 8 hours / month to Board and ISDS activities.
- Establish and promote the organization's mission and vision.
- Be ambassadors for the organization.
- Accept fiduciary responsibility for the organization's operations.
- Review the performance of the Executive Director.
- Act as a resource to the staff.
Submitting a Nomination
To submit a nomination, please send the nominee's CV and brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please confirm interest before submitting a nomination. Self-nominations are welcome.
Deadline to submit nominations: November 16, 2018
Voting period: December 3 - 16, 2018
2018 ISDS Board of Directors Nomination Committee
The 2018 Board of Directors Nomination Committee consists of Alina Deshpande, Eric Lau, Jennifer Bernstein and Vivek Singh.